Monday 13 September 2010

whoever said the best things in life are free....

...clearly didn't shop at Urban Decay!




it has lights! wooooowww


As some of you may know, Urban decay have released another one of their limited edition Book of Shadows and it is GAWWWJUSSS. I first heard about it whilst I was watching a youtube video and fell in love instantly. It had the same pull on me as something shiny does to a magpie. I couldn’t resist it and immediately ordered it from Debenhams for £30. As one of those poor student types, it did seems a tad excessive spend on an eyeshadow pallet but my love of all things pretty beckoned me and I honestly don’t regret it one bit! (even if does mean I would have live on super noodles and toast for a while). 



You get 16 shadow colours :
PERVERSION – Matte Black // UZI – Metallic silver with iridescent sparkles //LOADED – Blackened Forest Green //KUSH – Bright Green //MCRA – Golden Beige with neutral glitter //LAST CALL – Plum Punch //ROCKSTAR – Aubergine with neutral leanings //MONEY – Dull Platinum //HAIGHT – Shimmering Mediterranean Teal //MAUI WOWIE – Medium gold with silver glitter
SMOG – Coppery bronze //BORDELLO – Neutral Pink that leans to gold // RADIUM – Bright metallic blue //SNATCH – Peach-pink with glitter //SUSPECT – Oyster with dimensional shift //PSYCHEDELIC SISTER – Purple amethyst.



2 eyeliners: ZERO (black) and RANSOM (metallic purple) and a little pot of their ‘eyeshadow primer potion’ so it is worth the money. 



However i'm a bit sceptical of the eyeliners staying power as I did a swatch on my hand and it didn’t pass the ‘rub and stay’ test. ohhh nooo! 





On the other hand I’m seriously impressed with the beautifulness of the eye shadows. I’ve always been a lover of gold and bronze eye shadows so 'maui wowie, smog, suspect' were right up my street! shimmery without that tacky overloadness of glitter.








I was also amazed at how well they blend together to make new colours, for instance, I wasn’t to keen on 'loaded' but mixed together with 'uzi' I fell head over heels in <3 with the metallic teal colour it created.






I’ve never been one for the blues but urban decay got some serious brownie points from me for 'radium' and 'haight'! I need not even explain, the picture says it all!








xoxo





1 comment: